İngilizce - Türkçe
Sıfat kaybolmuş, zayi olmuş, yit(iril)miş. lost friends. It's no use to think about one's lost youth.
Sıfat yitik, kayıp. lost articles. lost dog/keys/money. lost- property (office): kayıp eşya bürosu.
Sıfat kendini kaybetmiş, yolunu şaşırmış, kayıp, izi bulunamayan. lost children. lost in mists. He was soon lost in the crowd.
Sıfat ziyan/heder olmuş, israf edilmiş, yararlanma fırsatı kaçırılmış. a lost advantage.
Sıfat kaybedilmiş, yenilgi/mağlûbiyetle sona ermiş. a lost battle. a lost chance.
Sıfat mahvolmuş, tahrip edilmiş, telef/yok olmuş. lost ships.
Sıfat dalgın, (düşüncelere) dalmış. He seems lost in thought. He was reading his book, completely lost to the world.
Sıfat ümitsiz, meyus, kederli. His eyes had a frantic, lost look.
Sıfat (bkz: lose )
İngilizce - İngilizce
- verb. Past tense and past participle of lose.
- adjective. Unable to find one's way: a lost child.
- adjective. No longer in the possession, care, or control of someone or something: a lost pen.
- adjective. No longer in existence; vanished or spent: lost youth.
- adjective. No longer known or practiced: a lost art.
- adjective. Beyond reach, communication, or influence: The expedition was lost to the world for two months.
- adjective. Not used to one's benefit or advantage: a lost opportunity.
- adjective. Having not been or unlikely to be won; unsuccessful: a lost battle; a lost cause.
- adjective. Beyond recovery or redemption; fallen or destroyed: a lost soul.
- adjective. Completely involved or absorbed; rapt: lost in thought.
- adjective. Bewildered or confused: I'm lost—can you start over?
- idiom. be lost on To have no effect or influence on: Her advice was lost on me.
- idiom. be lost on To be beyond the comprehension of: The lecture was lost on us.